Early Head Start is a free year-round, family-centered program for income-eligible pregnant women and families with children up to three years old in Ramsey County. We offer two options for you and your family.
If you are pregnant or have infants and toddlers up to three years old, our Home-Based Program provides:
- Weekly 90-minute visits in your home,
- Child development activities, information, and education,
- Health, mental health, dental, and nutrition education,
- Referrals to community resources and support in meeting family needs, and
- Family-to-family support through twice-monthly family fun events with free meals or snacks.
If you qualify for childcare assistance, and have children who are six weeks to 5 years old, our center-based program provides:
- Head Start- and Early Head Start-enhanced childcare,
- A low teacher-to-child ratio in classrooms for infants and toddlers,
- Free diapers and formula while your child is at the center, and
- Family Fun Nights with free dinner.